Auxiliary Field Management
This document provides information for system administrators to modify auxiliary field information. It is also available for download at the bottom.
Auxiliary field drop-down list content is setup and modified via Import Management settings.
Navigation: Menu > Admin > Select Function > Import Management > Import Templates
Step 1: Select “Aux Fields” from the Template Type field.
Step 2: Download the Aux Field Template.
The following fields are required:
- Field Name
Step 3: Create/Save the Auxiliary Field data file.
- The Field Name value must match the Field Name value setup in the Workbench Page Configuration setting.
- The Description values provide the drop-down list displayed options.
- Auxiliary field drop-down list options are displayed in the same order as entered in the data file.
- Description values can only be deactivated and not edited. To change an existing drop-down list option, import a new data file with the corresponding Description value for the field marked as Inactive in the Status field, then add a new Description value for the same field marked as Active in the Status field.
Step 4: Select the import parameters and the Auxiliary Field data file.
- Select Update to update all matching auxiliary field records in the system with the data in the file. This will not affect records not included in the file.
- Select Replace to replace all auxiliary field records with the data in the file.
- Imported data files are processed nightly.
Step 5: Select Update to start the import process.