Table of Contents
- Email Invitation Examples
- Customer Registration Requests
- Responding to Customer Registration
- Custom Sections
- Business Classifications
- Company Type
- Supplier Addresses
- Submitting Response
- Rejected Forms
- Approved Forms
- Profile / Response Changes
Email Invitation Examples
A supplier who does not exist in the ESM Supplier Network will receive an email with a link to the public registration if invited by a customer:
More information about the public registration process can be found here.
After registering, you will be eligible to receive notifications for sourcing events as noted above. These notifications can be disabled in the Supplier Profile in the Email Notifications screen.
If a supplier is already registered with the ESM Supplier Network and invited by a customer, the supplier will receive an email asking them to log in to the supplier portal to access the customer-specific registration form:
Customer Registration Requests
Once logged in to the Supplier Portal, the supplier will be presented with the Home tab. The Customer Registration Request section will list available registration forms. A customer will display if:
- The customer has opted to make their registration form public, meaning any registered supplier can view the form and submit a response.
- The customer has specifically invited the supplier.
Each request will display the below details:
- Customer Name is the name of the organization that published the form.
- Contact Name reflects the name of the user within the organization who invited the supplier.
- If the customer’s form is public, the contact name will reflect the user who published the form.
- Contact Email is the email address associated with the contact name.
- Version # is the version of the customer’s form, or how many times the form has been published. The most recent version of the form will be displayed.
- Status is the status of the supplier’s response with the customer.
- Approved: Customer has approved the supplier’s response and can potentially create purchases against any Order From address specified by the supplier.
- Approved – Edit In Progress: Response was previously approved. This status indicates the supplier made a change to their profile (address, business classification, etc.) or the customer registration form that needs to be re-submitted to the customer.
- Not Registered: The supplier has not registered with the customer or saved any information for the customer’s response form.
- Partially Completed: The response is in progress and has not been submitted.
- Pending Approval: The response has been submitted. The customer has not approved the response.
- Pending Approval – Edited: The supplier response was previously approved, and the supplier has submitted changes for approval.
- Rejected: The customer has rejected the response.
Requests will also list Actions:
- Dismiss: Select this option if you do not want to respond to the customer’s request and want to remove it from the list.
Once a request is dismissed, a View Dismissed Requests link will display. Selecting this link will allow you to view the list of dismissed requests, where you can later register if needed.
- History: If you have responded to multiple versions of a customer’s form, you can click this link to see the previous versions and responses.
- Notes: If a customer rejects your response, selecting Notes will display a popup with the rejection reason.
- Register: This option will open the details of the registration form and allow you to respond.
- This link will display as Review if the response is rejected.
- View: This option will allow you to view the details of your submitted response.
- If your response is pending approval, it cannot be modified.
- If your response has been approved, you can update the response and submit changes for approval as needed.
Responding to Customer Registration
After selecting the Register link, the customer form will open in a new window.
A customer form can have two types of sections:
- Custom sections are fields and sections created by the customer. These will vary from customer to customer.
- In the above screenshot, Attachments and General Info is an example of a custom section.
- A common or library section contains data from your profile, so these response sections will already have information populated.
- These sections are: Business Classification, Commodities, Company Type and Supplier Addresses.
Sections that are complete will show with a green check mark. Click on the section name to expand to see details.
In a custom section, you may be asked to enter text inputs, select from a list of options, or upload an attachment. Any field marked with a red asterisk (*) is required. Click Save to save your changes to a section and keep it open, or click Save and Continue to save your changes and move on to the next section.
If a field asks for an attachment, a gray attachment icon will be displayed. Select the icon to open the popup, then select the Choose file button to browse for a file to attach.
After you click Choose file, a dialog window will open to allow you to browse for a file. You can select multiple files if needed. Once you have selected one or more files, click the Update button. After clicking Update, the file name will show in the popup.
If you need to remove a file, select the Delete checkbox, then click the Delete button.
Once a file has been attached, the attachment icon will turn blue.
The Business Classification section will display any classifications associated with your profile. You can update these notifications if needed. Use the plus sign icon if multiple classifications need to be added. Any changes made will update your profile for future responses.
Classifications defined by the customer will also display under Customer-Defined Classifications. Review the dropdown to see if any of the values should be applied. A Certification Authority Name, Certification Number and Expiration Date are required when entering classifications. Use the Save or Save and Continue buttons to save changes.
The Commodities section will display any NIGP (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing) codes associated with your profile. You can add or delete codes as needed using the Available Commodities search. Any changes made will update your profile for future responses.
The Company Type section will display details pulled from the Company Information screen in your profile. For some customers, the Form 1099-MISC Income Type field may be required to submit a response. Changes made to Company Type, EIN or Business Area will update your profile for future responses.
The Supplier Addresses section will display details pulled from the Company Information screen if the customer did not create an address for you, as shown in the example below:
If the customer created an address for you, this will display in the Supplier Addresses section with a note.
A link will also display to include addresses from your profile. If you have one or more addresses to include, select the link to open a popup.
Select the Include checkbox, then click the Update button to add the address(es) to your response.
You can remove a profile address from your response by clicking the trash can icon. Customer-created addresses cannot be deleted.
You can add a new address by selecting the Add Address icon. This will open a popup window for adding the address details.
When finished, click the Add button to save changes. Any new addresses you create will be saved to your profile for future responses.
Once all the sections have a green check mark, you are ready to submit the response to the customer.
Select the Submit button.
A message will display at the top of the screen to indicate your response was submitted:
An email will be sent to the customer, and your status will change to Pending Approval.
If the customer rejects the submitted form response, you will receive an email notification, and the form response will display as Rejected.
The rejection reason will display in the Notes link:
Click the Review link to review your response, make changes if needed, and re-submit by selecting Submit Changes. A note icon will also display in the upper right corner of the response with the rejection reason.
If a customer approves your response, you will receive an email notification:
The status of the response will update to Approved.
Profile / Response Changes
If you make a change to your profile (such as adding or deleting an address, or updating a business classification), or you need to modify a response to a field in a custom section, click on the View link to open the response details.
Once within the response, select the Edit button to make changes:
After saving changes, a Submit Changes button will display at the bottom of the form. Select the button to submit the changes to the customer. Depending on the section, the customer may have to approve the form again.
NOTE: Any changes made to your profile (Business Classifications, Commodities, Company Type or Supplier Addresses) need to be submitted individually to any customers who have approved your form so they can be updated accordingly. A popup message will display in the Profile screen after saving changes as a reminder. These forms will change to a status of Approved – Edit in Progress.