The Registration Form tab allows users to customize the form that will be visible to suppliers. Users can add sections and fields with different answer types to obtain information from responding suppliers, such as attachments or company details.
Sections that represent fields a supplier can specify across all customers will display by default: Business Classification, Commodities, Company Type and Supplier Addresses. When a supplier registers with ESM Solutions, they will enter this information as part of the initial registration process. Once logged in, a supplier can maintain this information in their profile, as well as respond to customer registration forms. The supplier’s response to a customer registration form will automatically pull the latest business classifications, commodities, company type information and addresses from the supplier’s profile.
Creating a Section
The Add New Section button will prompt the user with a popup to define basic information about the section:
The Section Name is required and will display as the heading to the section. If Multiple Panel is not selected, the section will display a single column of fields; if it is selected, fields can be added to the left or right panel. Select the Add button to continue or select Cancel to discard changes.
Select the Add Fields button to start creating custom fields for the section.
- Field Type indicates how the field will be set up for obtaining supplier information. This field is required. Examples of each type will be displayed below.
- A Textbox field type will expect short text input from the supplier. A Max Data length will also be required for Textbox fields for use in capping the text input to the specified number of characters.
- A Dropdown field type will expect the supplier to select one option from a list. A set of comma-separated Dropdown Values can be specified to display in the field.
- A Radio field type will expect the supplier to select one of the options shown. A set of comma-separated Radio Options can be specified to display.
- A Checkbox field type will expect the supplier to select one or more of the options shown. A set of comma-separated Check Options can be specified to display.
- A Multiline field type will expect long text input from the supplier.
- A Currency field type will expect numeric input from the supplier.
- An Attachment field type will expect the supplier to upload one or more files.
- Field Name is the name of the field that will display to suppliers. This is a required field.
- Required should be checked if the supplier should be forced to enter information into the field to submit a response to the registration form.
- If the section is configured to be Multiple Panel, the Section Alignment dropdown field will display and allow a selection of Left Panel or Right Panel.
Selecting the Add button will add the field to the section. Selecting Cancel will discard changes.
After fields have been added, they can be edited or deleted by selecting the respective icons. Fields can also be re-positioned by using the left mouse button drag and drop. Use the Save button to save changes after moving fields.
Several options will display at the top of each section:
- Add Approvers: Selecting this link will allow the association of one or more approvers to the section. These users will be notified when a supplier submits a completed form for approval. After approvers are added, this link will display as Edit Approvers.
- Priority: Enter a numeric value to represent when the section should be presented for approval. When a supplier’s completed form is submitted for approval, sections will be presented in priority sequence, with the lowest section priority shown first. This is a required field.
- Deactivate: Select this checkbox if the section does not require approval. If this is selected, the section will be visible to all approvers during the approval process.
- Auto Approve Supplier Edits: Select this checkbox if a supplier’s changes to the section response after initial approval do not need to be approved again. If unchecked, any changes submitted by the supplier will always require approval.
- This setting only applies to custom sections.
- Approver Sequence: The Select Approver dropdown will be populated with users who have the Approve privilege in the Supplier Management solution. If multiple approvers need to be selected, use the plus sign icon to add another user. The dropdown to the right of the approver name indicates the relationship between the approvers. The Approver Sequence is a required field.
- AND: Approvers will see the section at the same time. All the approvers must approve to complete processing for the section.
- NEXT: Each approver must approve individually and will not see the section at the same time. All the approvers must approve to complete processing for the section.
- OR: Approvers will see the section at the same time. Any approver can approve to complete processing for the section.
- Once complete, use the Add button to save changes. Cancel will discard changes.
- Edit Section will open the Configure Section popup if changes are needed.
- Disable will hide the section from suppliers. It will still display in the Registration Form and can be added back by selecting Enable.
- Delete will remove the section permanently.
- This option is not available for the Business Classification, Commodities, Company Type and Supplier Address sections.
Sections can also be re-positioned using the left mouse button drag and drop. Use the Save button at the top of the screen to save changes after moving sections.
Once all desired fields and sections have been added and approvers assigned, the form can be published to suppliers by using the Publish to Suppliers button.
After a form has been published, suppliers can be invited to register from the Supplier Management tab. If the form’s visibility is set to Open Invitation in Edit Entity Settings, any publicly registered supplier in the ESM Solutions network will be able to see and optionally respond to the form once it has been published.
After the form has been published, the fields and sections will not be editable. If changes are needed, select the Create New Version button.
After selecting this option, fields and sections will be editable, and the form’s Version # will be updated. The View History link will display the history of form changes, as well as the name of the publishing user and the publish date/time. The Version Number will display as a hyperlink; selecting the link will navigate to the selected version of the form to view changes. Selecting the Return to Current Version button will return the user to the newest form version.
New sections or fields will be denoted with a document icon. Once changes have been made, the new version of the form can be published by selecting the Publish Version button.
A popup will display to confirm the modified sections. If any supplier responses are pending approval, they will be rejected automatically to allow the supplier to review and adjust the response as needed.