The Item Maintenance sub-tab is the area for Storeroom Managers to Add/Edit catalog items. Changes to items will be immediately available to requesters when completed through the Item Maintenance tab. Bulk template uploads are available and follow the standard overnight process.
Storeroom Managers can search for existing items to edit or select the Add New Item button. If searching deactivated items, please select the Include Inactive Items checkbox.
The General Details section of the item contains item specific detail.
- Catalog indicates the catalog that will contain the item. When more than one catalog is available, they will be selectable in the drop-down menu.
- Item # represents the Storeroom Item number that will display in the Shop Page catalog.
- Item Name represents the item name that will display in the Shop Page catalog.
- Description provides an area for Storeroom Managers to indicate additional item specifications.
- Notes contain internal information about the item for Storeroom Managers.
- On Hand Quantity represents the total available quantity in Storeroom Locations.
- MFG/ Provider of the item.
- MFG/ Provider Part # of the item.
- Storeroom Unit of Measure is the unit quantity purchased by the requester. This Unit of Measure can be different from the original supplier packaging (i.e., Box vs. Case). If Unit of Measure Library is turned on to match with your integrated ERP system, please ensure the Storeroom Unit of Measure is one of the available options from the library.
- Reorder Point quantity will trigger the item to be available under the Replenishment tab for Storeroom Managers to create and inventory replenishment order.
- Reorder Quantity is a suggested amount of the item to add to the replenishment order. If the Storeroom Unit of Measure and the Supplier Unit of Measure differ, an automatic conversion will occur to translate the total requested amount to the supplier’s unit of measure. Partial quantities based on the supplier’s conversion cannot be ordered (i.e., A half case cannot be ordered).
- Image URL is available to add the item image to the catalog when the image is hosted on a website. Please note, Storeroom Managers may need to update the URL if the location of the image has changed.
- Item Image allows a JPG image file to be uploaded to show a catalog item image. The maximum image pixel size is 120x60.
- Expiration Date Tracking is available to manage perishable items.
- Deactivate Item removes the item from the catalog for future purchases.
The Source Details section contains item detail from the supplier(s) the item was purchased from.
- Add Supplier allows for the selection of a Non-Catalog Supplier from the Add/Edit Supplier in Purchase. Multiple suppliers can be assigned to a single item for replenishment orders.
- Supplier is the associated vendor for the item and can be selected to view the details pop-up window.
- Supplier Item # is the reference number for the supplier’s product information.
- Supplier Item Name is the reference name for the supplier’s product information.
- Description is the reference item detail for the supplier’s product information.
- MFG/Provider is the source manufacturer for the supplier’s product information.
- Unit of Measure is the packaging type/unit from the supplier (i.e., Box vs. Case).
- Quantity Conversion Factor converts the Storeroom Catalog Unit of Measure to the Supplier’s Unit of Measure for the purposes of replenishment. For example, if the Storeroom Catalog Unit of Measure is Box, and the Supplier’s Unit of Measure is Case, then the Quantity Conversion Factor could be listed as the number of boxes per case.
- Deactivate removes the item from the catalog for future orders from the associated supplier.
Price/Cost Details provides options for the Storeroom Item price such as markups and moving averages.
- Storeroom Item Price is the price that is visible to requesters in the Storeroom Catalog.
- Percent Markup adds a percentage to the Storeroom item price when customers require revenue to cover cost for inventory management.
- Cost Valuation automates Storeroom item price based on Fixed or Moving Average related to the Current Unit Cost.
- Current Unit Cost is the price of item purchased in the Supplier’s Unit of Measure.
- Replenishment Unit Price is the cost of reordering inventory from the supplier.
GL Details is the section where Account Codes can be associated to an item. The resulting segment(s) will default in the requester’s Checkout tab.
- Account Type allows for the selection of Asset or Expense based on item type.
- Account Code/Favorite allows for the selection of account segments. Select the Plus sign to add segment values.
Item History displays an audit changes made under Item Maintenance.