ESM’s Purchase, Sourcing and Contract Repository contains a reporting tool which allows Admin users to assign the ability to create and run reports to themselves and other users.
Folders are created to allow users to create and save reports created by users. Admin users create folders and assign permissions to users for a specific folder. Permissions for folders are Author, which allows users to create, edit and reports in a specific folder, or Read, which allows a user to only view and run reports. However, a user can duplicate a report in a folder that they have Read permissions for and upload it into a folder that they have Author privileges for.
To create or edit a report folder, Admin Users go to Select Function Reporting Configuration > Add/Edit Folder
Enter the name of the folder you would like to Create or Edit and hit Go. If the folder name does not exist, an option to Add a folder will appear. If it does exist, you will be able to change the name and click update.
To Assign a user to a folder, navigate to Select Function > Reporting Configuration > Folder Assignment. Type the name of the folder you would like to assign the users to. You can also filter by User or User group to be more direct as to which users/user groups you would like to assign permissions to the specific folder. Once you have identified the folder and the users, you can check the box next to Read or Author. If you assign a user Author permissions, Read permissions will automatically be assigned. However, you if you assign Read permissions, you will have to check the box for Author if you desire them to have it.
To access the reporter, select Menu and click Reporting. The reporter will open in a new window. The Folders that are assigned to the reporter will appear under the Main Menu on the left pane. Users can run reports assigned to them in their folders. If a user has Author permissions, they will be able to create, edit, run or delete reports. The reporter Screen has two panes, the left pane is the Main Menu, and the right pain is Tabs.
The left pane has the following options:
- Create New Report: This is only available to Author users
- ExpressView Report: A drag-and-drop interfaced quick query style report with simplified grouping, sorting and agregating of data. This report allows for visualizations and charts with a single click. These reports can be styled and saved as PDF, RTF, CSV or Excel files.
- Express Reports: A simplified report designer allowing for a quick build of reports with basic layouts and calculations.
- Advanced Reports: This report uses an intuitive grid to layout data and labels and can provide more complex selections to group data and make specialized calculations.
- CrossTab Reports: Crosstab reports utilize the same designer as Advanced Reports, but the report can expand horizontally and/or vertically based on data.
- Dashboard: HTML canvased reports allows to combine and display reports, visualizations, images, texts and web pages.
- Chained Reports: Compile multiple reports into a single documents
- Search Bar: Allows for keyword searching through assigned folders.
- Folders and saved reports. If a padlock appears next to a folder or report, it indicates a user cannot edit a report.
Manage Report Folders: Allows Author users to create a Child Folder, Rename, Delete or Upload a report framework.
- Edit Selected Report
- Run Selected Report
- Export As: HTML, Excel, PDF, RTF, CSV. Depending on the type of report, HTML may only be allowed.
- Rename Report
- Duplicate Report
- Delete report
The Help Menu will display content based on the page the user is viewing.
Running a Report
Select the report you wish to run and hit the run button. If the user double clicks the report name, it will open the report for edit provided Author permissions were assigned to the user for that particular folder. Report outputs can be exported and/or searched for keywords to locate specific information.