This document provides a condensed overview of the ESM PurchaseTM Requester Process. It will demonstrate with short text descriptions supported by screenshots for each step explained.
Table of Contents
The Requester can select various items from assigned catalogs. There are two types of catalogs: Punch-out and Hosted. A Hosted Catalog contains items that are uploaded into ESM Purchase, and a Punch-out Catalog opens a customized version of the Supplier’s website.
If a user opens multiple PunchOut catalog sessions from the Shop page, each session will open in a separate browser window.
- Search Items: Search for items from assigned catalogs
- Information Box: Entity-wide material determined by Sys Admin
- Category: Header to group catalogs
- Catalog: Icon for easy access to assigned catalogs
The Requester can select a catalog or search for items.
- Filter By: Criteria to narrow down Shopping Results
- Qty: Desired quantity for transaction
- Add to Cart: Select when all quantities are completed
After selecting ‘Add to Cart’, the total quantity of item(s) is listed behind the Cart. The Requester can continue to Shop, or go to their Cart by selecting the Cart button highlighted below
The Requester creates a Non-Catalog Item by selecting the downward facing caret on the Shop tab. A Non-Catalog Item allows the Requester to create an item that is not provided in the catalogs, if the Supplier has allowed for it.
The Requester searches for the Supplier and selects ‘New Item’. The Product Detail has required fields to create the item and ‘Add to Cart’.
The Requester can edit the quantity or delete items. Then, Convert Cart to X transaction(s) by selecting Continue. More than one transaction is created if the items are from multiple Suppliers.
The Requester can continue to add items to converted transactions in the Checkout page, if the Supplier is the same. The Requester can monitor the Status of the Transaction to review its current state.
Statuses can include, but are not limited to:
Unsubmitted Transaction: Pending Next Step option of Request Approval or Release PO (if no approval necessary)
Pending Approval: In approval process
CC Information Required: Credit Card is needed before release
Pending Release: Ready to release
Approval Rejected: Rejected by Approver
Submitted to Supplier: Transaction successfully sent to Suppler
- Transaction Name: Automatic creation of name for each transaction, but Requester can edit
- Payment Form: Credit Card or PO (may only have one option based on configuration)
- Release Method: Send transaction to Supplier via Electronic, Manual or Confirming Request
- Note: Text included in transaction that can be Internal (Users) or External (Suppliers)
- Ship To – Attn: Name of user for package delivery
- Chart of Accounts: General Ledger account that transaction will utilize (can be split)
- Displays line item details and Ship-To/Bill-To Locations
The Requester can update the Ship-To/Bill-To Locations by selecting “edit”.
Next Step Actions
The Requester can either send the transaction through the approval process or release it to the supplier based on configuration settings. There are additional actions that can be taken. To submit the selected action by clicking on the action icon.
Request Approval: Send through the approval process
View Workflow: Review approvals if required
Ad Hoc Review: Send to additional approver to review
Prepare CC Order: Enter Credit Card and release transaction to Supplier
Encumber: Check for available funds in the General Ledger
Release PO: Release Purchase Order to Supplier
Hold: Pause transaction for later action (Removes from Active Orders)
Delete: Delete transaction from history
Archive: Storing the actions on transaction, but no further action is required
Copy Transaction: Recreate the transaction (New Transaction/PO Number assigned)
If an entity is configured for the final approver to release transactions to the supplier, the requester will receive an email notification when the release occurs.
The Requester can review all of his/her created transactions by using the provided search criteria. Any changes to the selection/sort by will remain the default until updated.
- Filter by: (Selection): Search filter to indicate next user/system action (highlighted below) (original default of Active)
- Active: The user’s action is needed
- Waiting: Waiting on another user/system action
- Hold: Paused transactions for later action
- Archive: Transactions with stored actions
- Submitted: Transactions sent to Supplier
- Received: Transactions with items obtained
- Ad Hoc: Transactions waiting on a note from approver outside of the workflow
- All Last 30 days, All Last 90 days, All: Transactions within specified date range
- Sort by: Determines the displayed order of transactions by Acct #, Create Date, Payment Form, PO #, Transaction #, Transaction Name, Status, Supplier (A-Z), (Supplier Z-A), or Recently Added (original default of Recently Added)
- Transaction #: Search filter for Transaction Number OR PO #: Search filter for Purchase Order Number
Based on entity configuration settings, the Requester can forward their transaction to another Checkout user. Forward is an option in the Next Step menu, and the Requester can search for the desired user.
Please select the link below to access the PDF.