This document provides a condensed overview of the automated quote process. It will demonstrate with short text descriptions supported by screen shots for each step explained.
Table of Contents
Online Creation of Quote
The facilitator creates the quote within easySourcingTM Quote.
- Create tab
- Modify tab: allows the faciliator to edit the quote before publishing
- Copy tab: allows the faciliator to copy a previous quote
- Allow Multiple Item Response: allows suppliers to create more than one response per line item
- Require Quoted as Specified Response: does not allow alternate products
- Function Group: a group of users assigned to the quote
- Response Checklist: list of required documentation from suppliers that is created by the buyers before creating a quote, i.e. samples of line items
- Terms: legal rules for transactions between companies and other parties that must be agreed to before suppliers enter the ESM applications or respond to bids/quotes
- Attachments: supports multiple file types; can be added at the header and line item level
- Delete/Exclude Item: delete individual lines by checking the Delete/Exclude Item box and selecting Update
- Move to Line: change the order of the line items by entering in the desired line item number in the “Move To Line” column and selectingUpdate
- Select Update to apply the changes/new information
Required fields: Description, Category, Quotes Due By, Function Group, Description and Quantity
Please note: If Part Number is entered, a Manufacturer is required.
Publish Quote to Selected Suppliers
The facilitator can select suppliers by one of the following search criteria:
- By Vendor Name
- By the vendor Contact’s Email
- By the vendor’s Contact Information
- By created Vendor Lists
- By searching NIGP codes
- By Diversity Classification
- By ESM Category
Add the Search Results (A) to Selections Pending Publish (B).
Publish Quote (C) to the desired suppliers
The facilitator can return the submitted response of a supplier to allow for editing and resubmission.
Select the appropriate quote to view the responses. Select the supplier(s) response to return.
After selecting the individual supplier response to the specific quote, the facilitator will see the following screen for return options.
Register a Contact
Under the Actions Link, the facilitator can select Register A Contact .The link will allow the facilitator to “self-register” a supplier to allow an invite to be sent to a non-registered supplier in ESM Solutions. The screen below is the basic information to invite the supplier to the specific quote. However for a non-registered supplier they would still need to register to respond to the quote.
There is no need to re-invite that supplier as the buyer has already invited them. Unless the supplier has registered they would not be able to respond to the invited quote.
Each invited supplier will receive an email explaining the quote requirements and will log in through the supplier portal.
The screen below highlights the fields the supplier will use to complete their response.
By saving the quote response, the supplier can continue to work on the quote before final submission to the facilitator.
Receipt of congratulations message confirms successful submission of the quote.
Monitor Supplier Response Status
The facilitator is able to monitor the supplier activity under the Award Tab:
- Quote Notification
- Accepted or rejected (Denied) the Terms and Conditions
- Response in progress
- Submitted a response
- Returned to Owner (Supplier)
- If the quote is still active, the facilitator can return the response to the supplier for editing
Evaluation of Responses
The facilitator can review the supplier responses by selecting the View All (#) Items link below.
To facilitate supplier responses, the facilitator can also access Report ID 26 Award Worksheet under the Reports sub-tab.
Quotes can be awarded by:
- Award All As-Specified Lowest Quotes (Action)
- Partial Quantity
- Award All (to one Supplier)
- No Award (prompts for reason)
Once the facilitator has completed the award process, the results are published to the participating suppliers.
All suppliers who submitted a response are notified by email of the award results through the supplier Award tab. Unlike a sealed bid, the quote will only display the supplier’s own responses and not the responses of other participating suppliers.
Sourcing Event Posting Board
A little known tool in Sourcing applications allowing a customer to publically display through ESM Solutions bids and quotes both current and historic.
Note: All quotes follow the process outlined above. The Sourcing Event Posting Board is a communication tool for viewing the event. Suppliers still require an invitation to participate in the quote.
The System Administrator can create or modify users and assign them different levels of functionality.
The Administrators of the event can assign viewing and/or posting rights to individual users. The Ship to and Customer Groups tabs are also only available to System Administrators
To post an event on the board the authorized user will select the quote through the Post sub-tab under event posting
The authorized user selects the Customer Group(s), created under Settings tab, to determine which entities can view the event. Attachments can be added to the event posting. Select Submit to create the event on the Sourcing Board
Note: if the buyer only wants the users within the entity to view the event, the system administrator needs to create a Customer Group that only contains the designated members.
The new event posting will be visible under the View tab.
To create a Summary Event Information report for users and suppliers, select Generate, which will create the report.
The user can delete or create additional attachments by selecting the Event ID under the Post tab and then the Modify/Create attachment(s). The user can also modify the chosen Customer Groups within this screen.
Please select the link below to access the PDF.