This document provides a condensed overview of the supplier quote response process. It will demonstrate with short text descriptions supported by screen shots for each step explained.
Table of Contents
- Creation of Quote Response
- Submitting a Quote Response
- Monitor Supplier Response Status
- Sourcing Event Posting Board
Creation of Quote Response
Each registered supplier asked to participate will have received an automatic email message that explains the invitation to the quote. The supplier will log with a username (email) and password to complete the response.
- View tab: allows suppliers to view all quotes that they participated in
- Create tab: Default tab which displays active quotes awaiting a response
- Submit tab: contains all pending quotes not sent to the requester
- Awards tab: submitted responses will populate under this tab, awaiting the buyer awarding process results
- Profile tab: allows suppliers to edit information provided when they registered (Contact, NIGP Codes and Diversity Class)
- Subscription tab: allows suppliers to purchase an annual subscription
- Reports tab: choice of six reports indicative of quote actions for the supplier
- Response Action: directs suppliers to the appropriate pages to respond to a quote
- Bid/Request ID: Quote identification number, used to reference the quote to buyers
- Response Status: Indicates the progression of the supplier’s response
- New: a response has not be created
- In Progress: response has been created but not submitted
- Submitted: the response has been sent to the buyer
- Past Due: the response is late, but can still be submitted
- Missed: response was not submitted before the Quote Due By date
- Event Status: Indicates the progression of the buyer’s quote process
- Accepting Responses: Quote is open for responses
- Awaiting Review: Quote is closed but is still sealed
- Under Review: Buyer has opened the responses and is evaluating the response
- Awarded: Awards have been published to suppliers
When the supplier opens the quote for the first time, they will be prompted to Accept or Decline the Terms and Conditions of the quote. If they select Decline, the quote cannot be acted upon.
If the supplier agrees to the Terms and Conditions, the supplier can respond to the quote.
Please note the Time Remaining is listed above the Event Information.
- Status: displays the progress of the response
- Supplier’s Terms and Conditions: fields opportunity for supplier to include their own Terms and Conditions (i.e. discount for quick pay)
- Response Submit: link to the Submit tab.
Suppliers should save their Response Terms, Response Payment Terms and Attached files.
Select the Create Response Action to input the response for each line item.
Attachments, Terms &Conditions and Notes can be made at the header-level (previous screen) or line-level. Once the information has been entered, the supplier selects save and close.
Under Response Action, Create indicates first opportunity to respond to a line item. Modify indicates a saved response available for editing.
If Create appears below Modify, the buyer has allowed multiple responses for each line item. The number in parentheses represents the saved responses.
Submitting a Quote Response
Suppliers can start the submission process from two locations:
- Submit Response Link
- Submit Tab :Select the quote to submit by clicking on the Response ID
After selecting option 1 or 2, the supplier will be directed to the screen below to assign the PO Contact from the drop-down menu.
Suppliers can view the response before submitting.
Select Submit under the Actions menu or at the bottom of the screen.
Upon successful submission of the quote, the “Congratulations” screen will appear.
Suppliers can contact the buyer to verify the submission of the response.
Monitor Supplier Response Status
The buyer is able to monitor the supplier activity by time-stamped statuses:
- Notified of the Quote
- Accepted or rejected the Terms and Conditions
- Has a response in progress
- Has submitted a response
The submitted quote will be visible under the Awards Tab. To view the awards, select the Request ID of the Quote.
All suppliers who submitted a response are notified by email of the award results. The results are visible under the Awards tab. The quote will only display the supplier’s own responses and not the responses of other participating suppliers.
Monitoring Buyer activity by Event Status:
- Accepting Responses: Quote is still open and sealed
- Awaiting Review: Quote is closed but is still sealed
- Under Review: Buyer has opened the responses and is evaluating
- Awarded: Quote results have been published to suppliers
If the supplier has been awarded the line, it will be visible with an award ribbon icon.
Quotes can be awarded by:
- Award All As-Specified Lowest Quotes
- Partial Quantity
- Award All (to one Supplier)
- No Award (prompts buyer for a reason)
The Reports tab has six reports available for suppliers to run. Reports are saved in the system for 24 hours. Suppliers can export if needed.
To run a report:
- Select a report and click on the Select button.
- Select the Criteria to run the report, click Next
- Select the Delivery Options, click Next
- A green message will appear under the Instructions confirming the request
- An email notification will arrive when the report has been processed. The file will be attached to the email. The report will also be visible under Status with a floppy-disk icon when it is available.
Selecting the icon allows the report to be viewed by the user.
Sourcing Event Posting Board
Some buyers can create Sourcing Event Posting Boards, which allow them to share information about quotes that are in process to suppliers without issuing an invitation.
Note: All quotes follow the process outlined above. The Sourcing Event Posting Board is a communication tool for viewing the event. Suppliers still require an invitation to participate in the quote.
The Sourcing Event Posting Board links are specific to the buyer entity.
- Event ID: Identification number that matches the Bid/Quote ID
- Type: Bid, Quote, Project etc.
- Purchasing Entity: Buyer
- Description: matches the Description of the bid/quote
- Posted Date: creation of posting event
- Published Date: publishing date of the bid/quote
- Opening Date: Open for supplier participation.
- Status: Event status of the bid/quote
The Summary Event Information report contains the details of the quote.
Please select the link below to access the PDF.