This document provides a condensed overview of the automated bid process. It will demonstrate with short text descriptions supported by screen shots for each step explained.
Table of Contents
Preparing A Bid
Publishing Bids and Addendums
Online Creation of Bid
The facilitator creates the bid within easySourcingTM Bid Line Item.
- View tab: allows the facilitator to view bid history
- Create tab: the default tab which prompts the facilitator to choose the bid type
- Modify tab: allows the facilitator to select active bids for editing
- Copy tab: allows the faciliator to copy a previous bid
- Reports tab: provides facilitator with the ability to run “prepare tab” reports
- Bid: standard bid published directly to suppliers
- Requirements Bid: obtains user input prior to publishing it to the suppliers
The facilitator will see several bid Statuses. If an Addendum is in progress or distributed, it will appear after with the status below as “-Addendum In Progress” and “-Addendum Distributed.”
- Open for Requirements
- Bid Sheet Required
- Bid Sheet Created
- Open for Bids
- Award Required
- Bids Under Review
- Awarded to No Vendors
Creation of Bid Details
- Bid ID: a unique ID assigned by the system
- Bids Due By: supplier response date
- Bids Sealed Until: date when the facilitator can open the responses
- Allow Multiple Item Response: allows suppliers to create more than one response per line item
- Require Quoted as Specified Response: does not allow alternate products
- Function Group: a group of users assigned to the bid
- Public Response: Defaults as checked to allow suppliers to see who was awarded the bid as well as each others' bid responses. Note: Suppliers will be able to see this information in its entirety once the bid is awarded, even if the "No Award" option is taken.
- Vendor Response Checklist: list of required documentation from suppliers that is created by the buyers before creating a bid, i.e. samples of line items (Created by System Administrator under Settings)
- Terms: legal rules for transactions between companies and other parties that must be agreed to before suppliers enter the ESM applications or respond to bids/quotes
- Attachments: supports multiple file types; can be added at the header and line item level
- Update: select to apply the changes/new information
- Lot: the grouping of items that the buyer wanted suppliers to bid as one unit
The facilitator can change the order of the line items by entering in the desired line item number in the “Move To Line” column.
Creation of Lot
The facilitator can group line items into a Lot by selecting Lot and then Create.
The facilitator creates a Lot Code and Description while select which Lines to include.
There are two types of Lots
- Standard: the ability for the facilitator to group items together within a bid
- Flex-lot: provides the facilitator two possibilities:
- Supplier can provide or reject responses on individual line items within the lot
- Line items can be awarded individually within the lot
Deleting a Bid or a Lot
The facilitator can delete an unpublished bid under the Modify Tab by selecting the Delete Bid check box or choose to delete individual lines by checking the Delete/Exclude Item box and selecting Update.
The facilitator can delete a lot by selecting the Lot button under the Modify within a Bid. Check the Delete Lot checkbox and select update.
If the facilitator selected Requirements Bid, there will be a Rqmt. Response Due By date to determine when the users must return their response.
For a Requirements Bid, the line items will not include a field for Quantity Required. The amount will be determined by the responses from the users.
The required fields are: Description and Per Purchase Unit
Distribute for Requirements
The facilitator will select the requirements bid to distribute it for user input.
- Select a Requester List (created under Settings)
- Find: search function to locate user
- Publish: releases the bid to the chosen users
The users create the respond and return input to the facilitator. If applicable, users can Forward with an additional deadline and subsequently Roll Up their submission.
- View tab
- Create tab
- Modify tab
- Forward tab: allows a user to forward the requirements bid to another group of users. It is the same process as Distributing for Requirements.
- Forward Status tab: provides the user with the response status to a forwarded requirements bid
- Roll up tab: allows user to aggregate the responses of the forwarded bid to submit a total to the facilitator. It is the same process as Manage Requirements
- Submit tab: Allows user to publish the response back to the facilitator/forwarding user
- Units Required: user entry required to submit the bid
If the user Forwards the Requirement Response, the user must submit their created response separately. Submit the Summary Roll-Up response and the Requirements Response under the Submit Tab.
The Following status occurring during the Requirement Response Process:
- Late- Response Due By Date has passed but the facilitator has not created the Bid Sheet
- Excluded- facilitator has created a bid sheet; user must contact the facilitator to submit a late response
The facilitator creates a Bid Sheet by aggregating responses and quantities to be included in the final bid request to the supplier. For Roll-up, the user can follow the same procedure before sending the response to the facilitator.
- Request Status tab: allows the facilitator to monitor the responses of users
- View tab
- Create tab
- Modify tab
- Include Action: drop down that allows the Facilitator to include all or none of the responses
- Select: Selecting this radio button and clicking Update, allows the facilitator to view the details of the responses and adjust the quantity
- Update: saves changes or initiates Select
If the facilitator Selects a line item, the following screen appears.
- Include Action drop-down: allows header-level selection of all or none of the responses
- Include Action check box: allows line-level selection of responses and Quantity
- Update: save changes
- Return: back button to the Create or Modify screen
Publish Bid to Selected Suppliers
The facilitator can select suppliers by one of the following search criteria:
- By Vendor Name
- By the vendor Contact’s Email
- By the vendor’s Contact Information
- By created Vendor Lists
- By searching NIGP codes
- By Diversity Classification
- By ESM Category
Add the Search Results (A) to Selections Pending Publish (B). Publish Bid (C) to the desired suppliers
Register a Contact
Under the Actions Link, the facilitator can select Register A Contact .The link allows the facilitator to “self-register” a supplier to send an invite a non-registered supplier in ESM Solutions. The screen below is the basic information to invite the supplier to the specific bid. The non-registered supplier will still need to register to respond to the bid.
There is no need to re-invite that supplier as the buyer has already invited them. Unless the supplier has registered they would not be able to respond to the invited bid.
Create an Addendum
To edit an active bid that has been published, the facilitator can locate the bid under the Prepare tab and Modify the bid.
After the facilitator Modifies the bid, select the publish tab to Publish the Addendum. The option to change the Bids Due By date is within this tab. If the facilitator only needs to change the due date, skip the previous step.
If the facilitator needs to invite an additional supplier to participate in the bid, it can be done through the Publish tab. The process will create an Addendum to the bid. After selecting the new supplier, click Re-Publish Bid.
Refer to Publish Bid to Suppliers for the process of searching for a supplier.
Each invited supplier will receive an email explaining the bid requirements and will log in through the supplier portal.
The screen below highlights the fields the supplier will use to complete their response.
By saving the bid response, the supplier can continue to work on the bid before final submission to the facilitator.
Receipt of congratulations message confirms successful submission of the bid.
Return a Supplier’s Response
The facilitator can return a supplier’s submitted response for editing purposes if the bid is still open.
Select the Return Response sub-tab under the Publish tab and select the Bid.
Select the Supplier that needs to edit the submitted response.
Confirm which type of return—in most cases, Return to Owner is selected.
Enter in the reason for the return in the Comments box and click Submit.
Monitor Supplier Response Status
The facilitator is able to monitor the supplier activity under the Award Tab:
- Bid Notification
- Accepted or rejected (Denied) the Terms and Conditions
- Response in progress
- Submitted a response
- Partially Submitted: supplier did not respond to addendum
- Returned to Owner (Supplier)
- If the bid is still active, the facilitator can return the response to the supplier for editing
Evaluation of Responses
The facilitator can open the responses once the Sealed Until date has occurred.
- Open Responses button
- Open Responses Action
- Status: click on the status to view when the supplier completed the response
The facilitator can review the supplier responses by selecting the View All (#) Items link below.
The facilitator can also access Report ID 26 Award Worksheet under the Reports sub-tab.
- View All (#) Items link
- View All Awarded (#) Items link
- View Not Fully Awarded (#) Items link
- Update Action
- Award All As-Specified Lowest Bids Action: awards all lowest bids
- Clear All Awards: removes all award selections
- Publish Award: release award to Suppliers
- View Details: allows the facilitator to view the line item (same as 1)
The facilitator can select the line to view the individual responses from the suppliers.
Bids can be awarded by:
- Award All As-Specified Lowest Bids (Action)
- Partial Quantity
- Award All (to one Supplier)
- No Award (prompts for reason)—Publish the award without awarding quantity
- Next Line
- Actions: awarding options
- Award: awards the full bid quantity
- Quantity award: awards partial quantity to multiple vendors for one line item.
- Override: Allows the facilitator to edit the supplier’s response
The ribbon icon indicates an award to the supplier.
Once the facilitator has completed the award process, the results are published to the participating suppliers.
All suppliers who submitted a response are notified by email of the award results through the supplier Award tab. If the Public Response box was unchecked, the award will only display the supplier’s own responses and not the responses of other participating suppliers.
Retract an Award
The facilitator can Retract a published award if the bid was not Converted for easyPurchaseTM.
Select Retract Award under the Actions box.
Converting for easyPurchaseTM
The facilitator can convert an awarded bid into an easyPurchaseTM catalog under the Awards tab.
Select “Convert for easyPurchaseTM” under Links.
Complete the information for the catalog and select convert at the bottom or under Actions.
- Create easyPurchaseTM Requisition for: select a user
- Create Warehouse Product(s) checkbox: if checked, the catalog becomes warehouse items.
- easyPurchaseTM Catalog Description
- Expiration/Obsolescence Date
- Make the Catalog Visible checkbox
- Make Catalog Visible to the Following Customer Group(s): select the function groups containing the users that can access the catalog (can be edited after conversion)
- Convert Action
Note: The selection of the Customer Group determines Visibility to Users and can be modified after the overnight process. To edit, locate the bid and select the Convert to easyPurchase action. Select Update to save the selection.
Sourcing Event Posting Board
A little known tool in Sourcing applications allowing a customer to publically display through ESM Solutions bids and quotes both current and historic.
Note: All bids follow the process outlined above. The Sourcing Event Posting Board is a communication tool for viewing the event. Suppliers still require an invitation to participate in the bid.
The System Administrator can create or modify users and assign them different levels of functionality.
The Administrators of the event can assign viewing and/or posting rights to individual users. The Ship to and Customer Groups tabs are also only available to System Administrators.
To post an event on the board the authorized user will select the bid through the Post sub-tab under event posting
The authorized user selects the Customer Group(s), created under Settings tab, to determine which entities can view the event. Attachments can be added to the event posting. Select Submit to create the event on the Sourcing Board.
Note: if the buyer only wants the users within the entity to view the event, the system administrator needs to create a Customer Group that only contains the designated members.
The new event posting will be visible under the View tab.
To create a Summary Event Information report for users and suppliers, select Generate, which will create the report.
The user can delete or create additional attachments by selecting the Event ID under the Post tab and then the Modify/Create attachment(s). The user can also modify the chosen Customer Groups within this screen.
Please select the link below to access the PDF.