This document provides a condensed overview of a Warehouse Manager’s process for maintaining items within sourcing catalogs. It will demonstrate with short text descriptions supported by screen shots for each step explained.
Table of Contents
Converting for easyPurchase from easyBid Line Item
The bid facilitator can convert an awarded bid into an easyPurchase catalog under the Awards tab.
Select “Convert for easyPurchase” under Links.
Complete the information for the catalog and select convert at the bottom or under Actions
- Create easyPurchase Requisition for: select a user
- Create Warehouse Product(s) checkbox: if checked, the catalog becomes warehouse items.
- easyPurchase Catalog Description
- Expiration/Obsolescence Date
- Make the Catalog Visible checkbox
- Make Catalog Visible to the Following Customer Group(s): select the function groups containing the users that can access the catalog (can be edited after conversion)
- Convert Action
Note: The selection of the Customer Group determines Visibility to Users and can be modified after the overnight process. To edit, locate the bid and select the Convert to easyPurchase action. Select Update to save the selection.
Ensure that Create Warehouse is Checked.
Warehouse Management Tab
Warehouse Managers can maintain Warehouse Catalogs from sourcing events within the easyPurchaseTM application.
- Fulfillment (Default): complete purchase orders for Warehouse Catalogs
- Replenish: reorder warehouse items
- Transfer: relocate warehouse items to various warehouse locations
- Maintain Items: edit items and item details within the Warehouse Catalogs
- Maintain Catalogs: create or edit a catalog name
The Warehouse Manager fulfills purchase orders placed through Warehouse Catalogs by using the bracketed search criteria.
Select the Purchase Order and Submit.
Complete the Order Fulfillment Details.
- Customer PO #: view the Purchase Order
- Fulfillment Date: can be a current or future date
- Close all: Header-level option to close all items
- Fulfill From/To Storage Location Code: select a Location code for the transfer of items
- Submit: update or process Fulfillment
- Allocate Inventory: enter a requested amount to reserve (current or future) for the line item, which is deducted from the available inventory balance.
- Fulfillment History: view all fulfillment activity associated with the order
- Fulfill From/To: Item-level option to select a Location code for the transfer of items
- Close: If the actual quantity fulfilled is equal to or greater than the quantity requested, the ordered item will be closed.
The Warehouse Manager can restock catalog items by reorder points, negative-balance items or all items.
- Reorder Point and Negative Balance Items: view all items that have quantities below the reorder point value or are in a negative balance inventory position
- All Items: selection allows user to view All Items regardless of their inventory needs
- Keyword(s): search for an item by examples listed above.
- Submit: click to view selection
- Manual Item Entry: search for item by Item number
The Search Results display inventory information for each item. The Warehouse Manager can enter the desired Quantity to Order and select Submit.
The sourcing suppliers are listed to confirm the item order. Multiple suppliers can be listed for an item. Select submit to confirm.
An easyPurchaseTM requisition is created in the Warehouse Manager’s Requisition Modify screen. The requisition number is displayed at the top of the Warehouse Replenishment Order Creation screen.
The requisition can be modified and sent through the normal approval process. The purchase order is created and sent to the supplier. Receiving the replenishment items will update the warehouse inventory.
The Warehouse Manager can transfer multiple Items between Warehouse Storage Locations.
Search to select Storage Location Codes and Items. Submit to transfer entered Quantities.
The Warehouse Manager can View, Create or Modify items within Warehouse Catalogs.
Select Create and complete the appropriate fields below.
- Warehouse Catalog: required field to add the item to an existing catalog from the drop-down
- Item Number: required field (internal)
- Item Name: required field
- Description: optional field to provide more product details
- Mfg Name: optional field to provide the Manufacture’s name
- Mfg Part #: optional field to provide the Manufacture’s part/product number (external)
- Unit of Measure: Quantity used as a standard of measurement
- Image: optional area to attach an image of the item
- On Hand Quantity: displays the amount of inventory (defaults to zero)
- Inventory Valuation Method: optional field with the options Moving Average Valuation or None
- Current Unit Cost: optional field for cost of the purchase unit
- Warehouse Catalog Price: required field for price of the purchase unit; check box can be used if the value is equal to the Current Unit Price
- Reorder Point and Reorder Quantity: optional field to determine when to reorder the item and the reorder quantity
- Notes: optional field to provide more information
- Asset: if checked, signifies that the item is an asset
- Not for Distribution: if checked, the item will be excluded from the Warehouse Catalog.
The Item Maintenance Modify and View options will allow the Warehouse Manager to search by Catalog and Keywords.
Select the item from the Search Results and click Submit.
Modify allows the Warehouse Manager to edit the details of the item as well as view History, the Supplier, Transfer the item, and Adjust the quantity.
- Submit: to save the modifications
- History: view the entire transaction history of the item
- Supplier: view/map the item to a supplier
- Transfer: move items between Storage Locations and add comments
- Adjust: update the On Hand Quantity and add comments
The History Screen (2)
The Supplier Screen (3)
The Transfer Screen (4)
The Adjust Screen (5)
The Warehouse Manager can View, Create or Modify Catalogs.
Search for Catalog Names with the View and Modify options.
View displays the number of items within the catalog.
Modify allows the Warehouse Manager to edit the Warehouse Catalog name.
Create allows the Warehouse Manager to create a new Warehouse Catalog name.
Please select the link below to access the PDF.