This document provides a condensed overview of the User Preference process. It will demonstrate with short text descriptions supported by screen shots for each step explained.
User Preference Tab
Users are able to set preferences for Emails Settings, Delegation, Credit Card and Time Zone Settings.
Please note: Credit Cards may not be available based on the account.
Users can update the email address and enable\disable email notifications.
- The notification emails are sent from a ‘noreply' e-mail address. Depending on the e-mail client and spam settings, the message may be interpreted as junk mail. Please add 'firstname.lastname@example.org' to the safe or approved sender list.
- The user has to be enabled for e-mail notifications.
- If the user is logged into the system when the requisition is sent for approval and the notification cycle occurs, no email will be sent to the user. The notifications are sent every three hours (12 AM, 3 AM, 6 AM, 9 AM, 12 noon, 3 PM, 6 PM, 9 PM)
- If the user received an email notification previously and has not logged into the application since that email was received, future notifications will not be sent. The user must log in after an email is received to reset the notification flag in the database for that user. You can also reset the notification flag manually by unchecking the "Enable Email Notification" flag in easyPurchase → User Preferences, Updating, re-checking the setting and Updating again.
Users can assign a Delegate if the System Administrator has allowed it for a particular Approval ID. Select the Approval ID and click Submit to update/create a delegate, who can approve the requisition in the user’s absence.
The user selects another user and determines the date range for the Delegation.
- Add Delegate: Select a User from the drop-down menu
- Start/End Date: Determine the Date Range for the Delegate. If the user can always be a delegate, do not enter an End Date
- Delete: Check and click Update to remove an existing Delegate
- Update: Save changes
- Submit: Add Delegate
Users manage credit card(s) used for orders. For security purposes, the credit card information is only available to the credit card holder (user).
To create a Credit Card, select the Create button.
Complete the Credit Card Detail form.
Select Update to create the credit card. The Credit Card Provider Drop-down contains suppliers (i.e. Bank or Company) previously created by the System Admin. The Credit Card Type drop-down contains the international card brand (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, etc.)
Please note that the credit card will appear as the Card Nickname in the credit card drop-down menu when the user creates a requisition.
If the user selects this saved credit card to update, the Credit Card number is obscured as seen below.
To Create a Default Credit Card, check the Default Card checkbox and select Update.
To edit an existing credit card, Select the appropriate card.
The user can delete the card or update the necessary information, including the expiration date.
Setting Time Zone
The value defaults to the Time Zone of the account. Users can update the Time Zone by selecting the appropriate setting in the drop-down menu and selecting Update.
Please select the link below to access the PDF.