This document provides a condensed overview of the easyPurchaseTM System Administrator Process. It will demonstrate with short text descriptions supported by screen shots for each step explained. The System Setting tab is specific to users with System Administrators rights on the easyPurchaseTM application.
General System Settings
Under the General tab, the Sys Admin can select a General Maintenance option in the bracket below.
Under Modify Contact Information, the Sys Admin can and should edit the most current customer contact for ESM Solutions © reference.
Under Modify Default Auto PO Release Option, the Sys Admin can determine if the default PO release is manual or automatic.
Under the Modify Default Bill To Location, the Sys Admin can select a single Bill To Location for Purchase Orders. (Users can have multiple Bill To Locations assigned at the user level)
Under View Request Activity, the Sys Admin can search by Request (Requisition) Number, Requestor Name, or Location Name to track activity.
Locations System Settings
Under the Locations tab, the Sys Admin can select locations from the Ship To / Bill To and Warehouse Storage to View, Create, or Modify.
- Ship To / Bill To Locations (View): search and select particular locations to view
- Ship To / Bill To Locations (Create): create a new location
- Ship To / Bill To Locations (Modify): search and select particular location to edit
- Warehouse Storage Locations (View): search and select particular location to view
- Warehouse Storage Locations (Create): create a new location
- Warehouse Storage Locations (Modify): search and select particular location to edit
When selecting Create for Ship To / Bill To Locations, the Sys Admin completes the required fields (asterisk) by checking either Ship To or Bill To. Upon selection, the contact information is required.
When selecting Create for Warehouse Storage Locations, the Sys Admin completes the required fields (asterisk). If Asset Source is checked, then the Storage Location will be available to hold an asset.
Accounts System Settings
Under the Accounts tab, the Sys Admin can search or create Account Codes.
- Account Search Criteria: search for existing Accounts via code or description
- Search Results: displays relevant accounts based on Search Criteria (Selecting the Account Code link, the Account Description can be edited or the Account can be deleted)
- New Account: allows Sys Admin to create an Account
Complete the fields below to create a New Account.
Under the Users tab, the Sys Admin can View, Create and Modify various User Information.
The Sys Admin can:
- View: view existing users
- Create: create a user
- Modify: edit existing users
When selecting Create, the Sys Admin completes the required fields (asterisk).
- Contact Information: includes username for log in credentials
- Locations: select default Ship To and Bill To locations
- Functionalities: determine user privilege(s)
- System Settings: Sys Admin privilege
- Invite: email to new user for first log in attempt
- Route Assignment: assigns various workflows to users
Note: When modifying a user, Invite (5) will become Reset Password. The Sys Admin will not be able to reset a user’s password under View.
When selecting Route Assignment (6), check Assigned to allow Requesters to use the Route for requisitions.
Workflow System Settings
Under the Workflow tab, the Sys Admin can View, Create and Modify Approval ID and Route Information. Approval ID is the condition that requires a user to approve the transaction. Route is one or more Approval IDs that make up the workflow in their priority order.
The Sys Admin can:
- Approval ID (View): view existing Approval IDs by ID Description, User, or Location Name
- Approval ID (Create): create a Approval ID
- Approval ID (Modify): edit existing Approval IDs by ID Description, User, or Location Name
- Route (View): view existing Approval IDs by Route Description, Approval ID or User
- Route (Create): create a Approval ID
- Route (Modify): edit existing Approval IDs by Route Description, Approval ID or User
- Route (Audit): opportunity to test Route and Approval ID logic
When selecting Create for Approval ID, the Sys Admin will need to complete the required fields of ID Description, User, Ability to Delegate, and Condition.
- ID Description: name of Approval ID used in a drop down to create a Route
- User: select approver
- Ability to Delegate: Sys Admin allows a Delegate user selection to approve in absence of User (2)
- Condition: approver criteria
- Always: text boxes are not required
- <, <=, >, >=: first box requires a Dollar Amount
- Between and Not Between: both boxes require a Dollar Range
Note: Conditions B and C create Dollar Approval Routing.
The Modify Search Results will allow the Sys Admin to edit/delete Approval ID or Delegates. If the Delegate is a permanent replacement, do not provide End date.
When selecting Create for Route, one or more Approval IDs can make up the workflow in priority order.
- Route Description: name of Route used in a drop down to select Workflow for Requisition
- Automatic Approval Level ($): maximum dollar value that bypasses a need for approval
- Add Approval ID: drop-down menu for Approval ID selection
- Function Group: drop-down selection for Function Group assigned to Purchase Order Facilitation (controls visibility of Purchase Order)
- Active: available for user assignment
- Return Items To: choice of Original Requester or Previous Approver for rejected requisitions
Note: It is highly recommended to leave Automatic Approval Level (2) at 0 (default). This could cause unnecessary/unapproved requisitions to be fulfilled.
When adding an Approval ID as part of a Dollar Approval Routing, the System displays a cautionary warning.
The Sys Admin should ensure that entire approval range is complete. For example:
- Extended Price <= $100
- Extended Price Between $100 and $500
- Extended Price >= $500
- Always (Optional)
The Sys Admin can delete Approval IDs from the Route by selecting the Remove checkbox.
- Submit: select to complete the workflow (select after final Check)
- Check: used as a final Audit prior to Submit
When the Sys Admin selects Check (2), they will receive either a Success or Warning message.
The Modify Search Results will allow the Sys Admin to edit/delete Approval ID or Route. The Sys Admin can select the Approval ID with corresponding priority for the new addition.
When selecting Audit for Route, test to ensure Dollar Approval Range is completed for all Routes.
Terms System Settings
Under the Terms tab, the Sys Admin can add/edit Terms and Conditions to be displayed on the last page of all purchase orders.
Vendors System Settings
Under the Vendors tab, the Sys Admin can View, Create, and Modify Manual Vendors. The Sys Admin can only Modify GL Code for Catalog Vendors. Manual Vendors are available for requisitions with manual (noncatalog) items.
- View: search vendors by Vendor Name, Vendor Type, Status, Unmapped, ESM Vendor Number, G/L Vendor Number, City, or State
- Create: create a Manual Vendor
- Modify: edit existing vendors by searching Vendor Name, Vendor Type, Status, Unmapped, ESM Vendor Number, G/L Vendor Number, City, or State
When selecting Create, the Sys Admin completes the required fields (asterisk) and selects Submit.
- Name: vendor’s company name
- Location: address of vendor
- Credit Card Provider: adds to drop-down selection when creating Credit Card
- Active: available when creating manual items
- Terms & Condition/Notes: vendor provided Terms and Conditions or internal notes
- ESM Vendor Number: unique ESM identifier
- G/L Vendor Number: unique G/L identifier where back end G/L Systems are used otherwise it will default to ESM Vendor Number(6)
- Contact Information: vendor’s order processing contact information
- Exclude From Spend Analysis Report: check if vendor is to be excluded from Spend Reports
Function Groups System Settings
Under the Functions Group tab, the Sys Admin can View, Create, and Modify Function Groups.
- View: view existing Function Groups
- Create: create a Function Group
- Modify: edit existing Function Groups
When selecting Create, Name and Description are required. Purchasing Order Facilitation determines the visibility of Purchase Orders and selected by default. Additional applications can be selected for Nonpurchasing Facilitations, but can also be created within the Sourcing Applications. Select Find to add users to Function Group.
Search Criteria can include Last Name, First Name and/or Building resulting in a list of users to include in Function Group. Update saves users and the Sys Admin can continue to add users with different Search Criteria. Return allows Sys Admin to view complete list of users added to Function Group.
When selecting View or Modify, all Function Groups will be displayed. Only Function Groups created under easyPurchaseTM System Settings can be edited/deleted.
Sourcing Catalogs System Settings
Under the Sourcing Catalogs tab, select the Catalog Name link to show the content of Souring Catalog. Sourcing Catalogs are bids converted into an easyPurchaseTM Hosted Catalog.
The Sys Admin can edit the catalog detail and/or add/edit/delete line items
- Edit: edit Sourcing Catalog details
- New Item: can add new item(s) to Sourcing Catalog
- Edit: edit existing line item(s)
- Delete: remove existing line item(s)
Catalog Name and/or Expiration Date can be modified when selecting Edit(1) for the catalog detail.
When selecting New Item(2) or Edit(3) for line item, the box shown below will populate to add/edit details.
Please select the link below to view PDF version of easyPurchase™ System Administrator Reference Guide.