If the entity is creating a Multi-Supplier Catalog for the first time:
- Supplier Unique ID must be enabled prior to enabling Multi-Supplier Catalog.
- Contact ESM Support for the creation of a new supplier in ESM Admin, which will be linked to the entity to facilitate catalog maintenance by the entity’s System Administrator
Once the steps above are completed by ESM Support, the System Administrator can log in to set up the catalog. In the Select Function drop-down menu, the Shop Page Configuration displays as Shop Page / Catalog Configuration.
Select the Upload Catalog option, which will navigate to Supplier Administration screens.
Select Add/Edit Catalog from the Module drop-down menu. Select Go.
Enter the catalog name for the new catalog or existing catalog (to edit). Select Go.
If multiple catalogs appear in the search results, select the appropriate catalog.
Conversely, if the System Administrator is creating a new catalog, the name must be unique. An “Add New” option will appear when the name is available for a new catalog.
The catalog information will appear in the screen as seen below:
The Catalog Details section contains the required fields to create a new catalog:
- Catalog Name: Unique value created by the System Administrator
- Catalog Image (optional): System Administrator can provide an image to represent the catalog on the Shop Page (120 x 60 pixels).
- Catalog Type: Defaults to Multi-Supplier Catalog
- Start Date: Activation date provided by the System Administrator
- Expiration Date (Optional): Date that will automatically remove the catalog from the Shop Page. Catalog will still be available for edits once the date is reached
Catalog Suppliers will display associated suppliers –none are shown for new catalog.
The File Upload section contains an area to upload the completed catalog template, a hyperlink to download the Multi-Supplier Catalog Template, and a determination for the Upload Type.
- Update: adds rows to the existing catalog
- Replace: the new catalog will only contain the information in the uploaded template
The Catalog Upload History section contains an audit of upload activity, including a hyperlink to the uploaded template and any error files. The error files, once downloaded, will contain the row failures that must be resolved for the rows to appear in the catalog.
To add or edit catalog items, select the “download catalog template” hyperlink.
Complete the Template as indicated by the required and optional fields. Please note that the items can have defaulted account codes based on the columns completed in the template (Item Master Catalog).
Note: Please do not edit the headers of the file, as it will not pass validation and will be considered the incorrect template.
Once all the required fields are completed, the System Administrator must save the file as a CSV. Select the Choose File button to locate and select the completed template.
The catalog will validate in several minutes and load overnight. If an error file appears, select the hyperlink that ends in “Error.csv” to receive a list of the rows that errored with the causes. Complete the necessary changes and upload the corrected rows. The rows that have not errored will be present in the catalog and are not required to be reloaded.
Once the catalog has successfully uploaded, indicated by the Status of Complete, it will be available in Add/Edit Catalog for entity to assign to users following the standard catalog assignment process.
To return to the entity admin screens, use the Module drop-down menu to select Return to Admin.
Please note that separate transactions will be created for each supplier once the cart is converted.